In an era of ongoing data and information, everybody has to be cautions. However, journalists have to take better precautions with the information they have and send out. Every journalist should take safety and security trainings. Learning basic encryption lessons is not as difficult as it looks like, you don’t have to be an engineer to do so. It is a matter of being careful.
A beginner’s Guide to Encryption: What It Is and How to Set it Up by Whitson Gordon is one of the online and free tutorials to use and protect you and you information more. “It’s great for everything from sending sensitive information to securing your email, keeping your cloud safe, and even hiding you entire operating system.” http://bit.ly/1liBkjx
- Use Gmail email for more security. The following link teaches you how to encrypt your emails. http://bit.ly/2oQekQH
- Try not to include your personal life on work social media. It is a way to protect you and your family.
- Know what is sensitive information.
- Have emergency phone numbers you can contact in case of incident.
- Keep updated with new technology and security methods.